While in Maui

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

milo30

While in Maui

Post by milo30 »

Just got home from a business trip to maui. While there I was looking for souvenirs and kept seeing wooden bowls and boxes that I really liked. I couldn't bring myself to buy any because I kept thinking of how I could easily machine the exact same thing when I got home.

I continually find myself looking at things this way when I am at stores. I think I have the cnc bug too bad

sk8nmike

Re: While in Maui

Post by sk8nmike »

Did you take pictures?

I'm constantly taking shots of items I might want to make or designs that catch my eye.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

No, I feel weird pulling out the camera and snapping photos in the gift shops but the things were fairy simple. The only problem is, with the full time job, I don't have enough time to ever make all the things that I see that I want to recreate.
One item they had that I really want to recreate was the light switch covers. Much like the ones posted here a few months back but the front had sea life scenes which were pretty nice.

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

You can always use your cell phone to take pics. Just pretend your texting, it's what I do ;)

If you don't think you have time now, wait 'till you have 6 grandkids and start buying 3D images.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Milo,

I created the outlet, light switch cover programs for the Woodworker's Journal series. The main program cuts from the back, but with a simple set up, the part can be flipped and engraved on the front.

Just PM me if you want more info.

Ralph

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Del, I have 7 grandkids and 6 are moving in with us for a shortwhile. Lol.

Ralph, i remember them. Ive been so busy trying to make money with the machine that I never have time for my own stuff. I am actually feeling a little burnt out and am thinking of going bavk to this as just a hobby for a while. I will take you up on that offer and will pm you soon for info. Thank you.

rstreeter

Post by rstreeter »

When my wife and I find a project we like we sometime purchase one as a template to use to make our own versions or copy that one. I know, but it is just like getting patterns to make off the the internet or coping them out of a magazine or book. ;)