Vise for CNC Routers

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MrCNCRouterVise

Vise for CNC Routers

Post by MrCNCRouterVise »

A while back I needed to work on smaller parts that had been cut to finish size on the table saw/chop saw. Quite often that is way faster than profiling around a piece to cut it out of a board. I also needed to work on three sides. Tricky with clamps.

I purchased a pair of drill press clamps from the big box store. Those cast iron beauties made me very, very nervous. Plus I could not easily fashion step jaws for them. Forget truing them up to the machine.

So, off to the CAD program, it was time to design a vise specifically for cnc routers. Here is the result:

The design view:
CNC Vise Labeled.jpg
The real vise:
Capture.JPG
I do make them and have them for sale on eBay. However, it is possible to make your own and learn a lot in the process about running your machine. The website contains videos of the vise being used. http://www.rockrivertools.com/

This will be the only post about these vises, you may want to bookmark it for future reference. Nobody likes someone who continually hawks their products on a forum. That includes me!

baby15

Re: Vise for CNC Routers

Post by baby15 »

MrCNCRouterVise wrote:A while back I needed to work on smaller parts that had been cut to finish size on the table saw/chop saw. Quite often that is way faster than profiling around a piece to cut it out of a board. I also needed to work on three sides. Tricky with clamps.

I purchased a pair of drill press clamps from the big box store. Those cast iron beauties made me very, very nervous. Plus I could not easily fashion step jaws for them. Forget truing them up to the machine.

So, off to the CAD program, it was time to design a vise specifically for cnc routers. Here is the result:

The design view:
CNC Vise Labeled.jpg
The real vise:
Capture.JPG
I do make them and have them for sale on eBay. However, it is possible to make your own and learn a lot in the process about running your machine. The website contains videos of the vise being used. http://www.rockrivertools.com/

This will be the only post about these vises, you may want to bookmark it for future reference. Nobody likes someone who continually hawks their products on a forum. That includes me!
I just ordered one

baby15

Post by baby15 »

I ordered one to try

MrCNCRouterVise

Post by MrCNCRouterVise »

baby15 wrote:I ordered one to try
Thank you for the order. I will be shipping it today.

I have set up an email attachment on the website so you can communicate directly.

Interested to hear your comments and/or suggestions. Mine has been extremely useful. Just for the heck of it I built a small (1 1/2 X 2 X 1) box with mitered corners using it. The material was about 5/16 thick. Mitered the corners first on the table saw with a sled then loaded the parts onto the machine. The box came out great, what was not so great was my finishing technique. Nice, blotchy, muddy maple.

Since there are a lot of Sharks out there I will definitely be listening to comments and suggestions.

baby15

Post by baby15 »

will do. already thinking of ways