Possible Shark HD Version 2.0 Purchase

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DCWigg

Possible Shark HD Version 2.0 Purchase

Post by DCWigg »

I am amateur woodworker who is looking into possibly purchasing a Shark HD Version 2.0 system. I turn pens, wine corks, etc. for gifts and pleasure, have designed and created signs using Rockler sign making templates and created furniture pieces using both purchased and self designed plans. I have an extensive workshop with all of the tools a woodworker would need, but as a retired Computer Programmer, Systems Analyst, and IT Consultant, the thought of making this purchase is very intriguing. I do not plan on starting a small business, but I would like to expand my woodworking capabilities to include custom signs, sports/personal accomplishment awards and plaques, as well as jewelry boxes, etc. I want a system that is reliable and fully functional, but realizing the $4,000 cost, I have to justify this purchase as being a solid investment with long term use. With this information in mind, is the Shark HD Version 2.0 system a good entry point into the CNC world for me?

milo30

Re: Possible Shark HD Version 2.0 Purchase

Post by milo30 »

Yes. It has it's problems that people encounter from time to time but that is normal. I got a shark pro about 2 years ago. They aren't difficult to learn to operate as long as you are willing to realize that the vectric software will take you time to learn and watching their training videos is the best help that you can get. For what you want to expand your capabilities to, you should be satisfied. I started to load my shop with all kinds of woodworking machinery. After getting a CNC, I sold some of it and enjoy primarily using the cnc for my work. What they are capable of doing is only limited by your imagination. $4,000 sounds like a lot but int he cnc world, it really isn't. I've never regretted my purchase. If anything, I now want larger, faster and stronger but that really costs $$$$.

basecircle

Re: Possible Shark HD Version 2.0 Purchase

Post by basecircle »

I agree with milo. 4grand is alot of money.But It's A cnc router.and will cut and make alot for you.IF you look at some of the other cnc machines 4 grand is not alot .For one of the small machines you start at 8 to 15 grand.remember The shark can do alot.Your not building aircraft parts.Your gonna love it.Basecircle