CNC Shark Control Box

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hanksor

CNC Shark Control Box

Post by hanksor »

Has anyone ever had their control box go up in a "puff of smoke"? Mine did this morning. I went through my start up routine and went to set my datum point via the control panel software. There was a audible pop and it started smoking. I immediately unplugged the power source but now there is nothing. Any thoughts?
Hank
I've cut it three times and it's still too short.....
CNC Shark Slimline

4DThinker

Re: CNC Shark Control Box

Post by 4DThinker »

It hasn't happened to either of the two Sharks I oversee, but one has popped a fuse twice so far. My thoughts include: Check the fuse. It is a slide-out tray under the power plug jack. There should also be a spare in there.

Second thought: Contact NextWave support. If you literally saw a puff of smoke (not sawdust) come from the box I'd send it to them for repair/replace.

hanksor

Re: CNC Shark Control Box

Post by hanksor »

4DThinker wrote:It hasn't happened to either of the two Sharks I oversee, but one has popped a fuse twice so far. My thoughts include: Check the fuse. It is a slide-out tray under the power plug jack. There should also be a spare in there.

Second thought: Contact NextWave support. If you literally saw a puff of smoke (not sawdust) come from the box I'd send it to them for repair/replace.
Thanks! Yup, it was a definite puff of smoke. I've been in contact with NextWave and they suggested the same thing, send it in to them. I meter checked the fuse and it's is ok. Thanks again for your reply..... Now the waiting begins. :(
Hank
I've cut it three times and it's still too short.....
CNC Shark Slimline