CNC SHARK MOVEMENT

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rey gee

CNC SHARK MOVEMENT

Post by rey gee »

Hello all. New to the forum and cnc shark...
I purchased a used cnc shark and the movement seems to be rough. Let me explain: I boot the machine up and try to move the router around and it 's very jumpy and sometimes stops and sounds like its grinding. I tried to jog to certain positions but it does not move smooth on the all thread and hesitates. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. I was thinking on replacing the motors (all three). Thank you in advance

Consultingwoodworker

Re: CNC SHARK MOVEMENT

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Ray,

Begin by checking all the electrical connections and insuring that they are tight.

Also, mine arrived with one of the connectors between the motor and the drive screw loose. There is a small set screw on each end of the connector, make sure they are not slipping.

Ralph

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

It almost sounds as if there is some binding or something is twisted.
If you in one "X" direction only do you gat the same sounds, actions as
when you reverse the "X" direction? Try this in the "Z" and "Y" directions
one at a time. Also try to see if everything is in alignment. Please Post
your results, we may have some other ideas.

Good luck...
Mike

rey gee

Post by rey gee »

Thanks for the reply's. I checked all the connections and they seem fine. I tried to move the router individually and it still was not right. When you jog the router from side to side or up and down does it move smoothly on the all thread? Please excuse me for my inexperience, but I'm new at this. Any suggestions would be great.

acxsasx

Post by acxsasx »

When mine moves along the X axis the screw vibrates something awful on long movements. I am going to get some silocone spray to see if that helps.

I also noticed that on the X axis screw where it goes through the router that on the left side there is not a spacer on the left side like there is on the right. I am wondering if that is part of the problem for me.