Simple Cuts for You all...

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dash

Simple Cuts for You all...

Post by Dash »

Hello, all....

All I want is to cut this board on one side... Vcarve tells me "check tool can fit into selected vectors at machining depth". And will not generate a tool path.I Node edited the backside of the board cause it is a waste of time... No cuts need to be other than the U shapes all along the front...OH yea....I am using a profile cut and I have tried to cut it .75 inches and 1.5 inches....
Ideas?
Thanks,
Dash
Attachments
photo (2).jpg

Danwood

Re: Simple Cuts for You all...

Post by Danwood »

How did you generate the drawing in the attachment. Did you draw it in Vcarvepro? or some other program. What is the dimension between lines. What size Bit are you trying to use.
Danwood

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

At first I thought it was something else so I had a different picture but then I thought it looked like a barrel rack on a gun cabinet and did this instead.
Attachments
toolpath.JPG
barrel rack.JPG
Karen

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

I just drew a part similar to what you did. I made sure all the vector's were connected and the space between the vertical lines on the U shape were big enough for the 0.25 bit to fit in.
I cut inside /left and got a good tool path. When I tried to cut Outside right I got a tool path that cut below the line.
The warning you got usually occurs when the opening to be cut is narrower than the diameter of the bit.
I don't know from what information I have what the dimensions of your part are.
You can try a smaller bit or widen the upright lines on the U shape.
Please let me know if this helps.
Danwood

Dash

Post by Dash »

Good Morning!
Karen!! What a nice surprise! Good to "see" you again!
Dan, Hello there. Been a while since I have "seen" you too! Great to see you!
Yes, it is a gun rack. The openings are 2.5 inches wide and I am using a 1/4 end mill to rough the "u' waste out. That's what I am not understanding. It works great til I delete the nodes on the back side. I go to node editing on the two back corners and delete the points so all I have is the front side being machined. I have a feeling it has something to do with the node editing but...... Just seems the machine just wants to cut, basically in a circle instead of that one squiggly line on the front....Seems the easy stuff kicks my tail.
Dash

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

Hiya Dash. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I haven't posted in awhile but I read late at night. Seems like that's the only free time I have these days. lol

I'm not understanding "nodes on the backside" thing.
Maybe it's another 'easy stuff' that you talked about, right?
How about you post your .crv so we can take a look at it?
Karen

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

What do you mean nodes on the back side. I don't know what you mean.
I have done a lot of work in Turbocad and Aspire for the last six years and nodes on the back side ?????
Danwood

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Dash - can you post the file that 'didn't work'?

Dash

Post by Dash »

Hi Guys...And Gals.....
I knew I left something out.... The crv file......
The backside I am referring to is the straight side of the material. The straight side had the vectors going all the way around the board. On each corner on the straight side, I deleted the nodes telling the machine not to cut back there. All i need is the U shapes.....
Attachments
Castle_Soft_Rack.crv
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

Hi Dash. I opened the file you sent in Vcarve and Calculated the tool path as outside/ Right . Ran the preview with the result shown in the attached picture.
I don't see a problem. Looks good to me.
Danwood
Attachments
gun.bmp