My new extended base

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

My new extended base

Post by tonydude »

Here is my new extended base I just received from nextwaveautomation. Took my gantry off my old mako shark and put it on the new base.

Tony
Attachments
DSCN0754.JPG
DSCN0755.JPG
DSCN0756.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Re: My new extended base

Post by tonydude »

Here is my encloser I built.

Tony
Attachments
DSCN0761.JPG
DSCN0760.JPG
DSCN0759.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

WoodEraser

Post by WoodEraser »

Tony
I like it.
Would the gantry from the Shark Pro Plus work on the extended base?
Did you have to get a new control box?
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

BillK

Post by BillK »

Looks great. Guess I'm not the only cellar dweller with my Shark.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

The base width is 28 inches. http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=20 I paid $1500.00 plus shipping for the base. You have to call nextwaveautomation to order it. I used the same control box on mine which was a mako model shark.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Looks good Tony. What are you carving that you need the extra length? Out of all the carvings I've done, only one was too long for my current bed. Just curious about your projects. Keith
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Eric,

I'd contact NWA for a price. I had an extended base for my Shark Pro plus at one time.

R Rachauskas

Post by R Rachauskas »

Hi Tony,
I like the new base. As we have read in the past, some of us have problems with our bases not being level. Some have posted instructions on how to beef up and level the bases. Does your new base seem to be built better or will you possibly have to do some work on your base. I'm thinking of purchasing the extended base and am curious.

Thanks
Ron

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

The extended base sags in the middle. It only has plastic holding the base together in the middle.. I'm putting a 1" veneer core birch plywood on it with slots and bolt it to the table. I ran a gauge over the entire base front to back attached to the router and it measured 40 thousands out.

Tony
Buffalo,NY