Evansville Text Sample

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

spinningwood

Evansville Text Sample

Post by spinningwood »

Someone from an Evansville woodworking club was asking about text on the shark yesterday. I can't find the post today, but here's a sample of text carving on the Shark. It's got to be a worst case example. The wood is a maple resaw scrap that was laying on the floor next to my bandsaw. I just picked it up and stuck it in the shark. I didn't bother to sand the teethmarks away for this test. I also just used a nothing special 30 degree single flute v bit.

I filled the carving with wood dust to give more contrast for the picture. This may or may not make it easier to see the results.

You could get much better results on the 0.04" text if you used end grain wood or a smaller v bit (less than 20 degrees).

So there you go.

Ed McDonnell
Attachments
Text Test.jpg

FredJuergens

Re: Evansville Text Sample

Post by FredJuergens »

Thanks so much for your very informative post and picture of the text you carved out. That shows how much I have to learn about the capabilities of this machine. It appears to give much better results at smaller type than I would have imagined. Thanks again!

tonydude

Re: Evansville Text Sample

Post by tonydude »

Also check out www.vectric.com/forum for alot of information on what you can do with different programs on the shark. Bunch of nice guys willing to help out.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.