cnc shark

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

woodmaster

cnc shark

Post by woodmaster »

I have a cnc shark, my advice, buy a e Z router, at least you can get service if something goes wrong , with the shark, you buy it its yours fix it yourself!!!!!

spinningwood

Re: cnc shark

Post by spinningwood »

Obviously, something is bugging you. Hard to determine from your post. Too bad you couldn't take a little time to provide more information about whatever your problem is or was or you are assuming will be.

The shark is not the best cnc router in existence. There are plenty of really great machines out there that could run circles around the shark. But they all cost 2x or 3x or 10x what the shark costs. The shark is a great machine for the price for a large class of users who either don't need or can't afford more features and capabilities at a much higher cost.

Rocklers support can be hit and miss, but all my dealings with Tim Owens / Nextwave Automation have been satisfactory. He's always responded to my questions and quickly dealt with the few issues I've had in the year I've had my machine. I would be really interested in hearing about any problems you have had.

Ed

Who would not include ez router on his short list if he was looking to step up....

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

I am interested in responding to any issues that "woodmaster" has had with repair or support of the Shark systems.
We at Rockler try to respond in a timely and efficient manner to all issues, but we know we aren't perfect.
Part of the reason for developing this forum is to understand how we can make the Shark systems (and our support of the systems)
better.
We understand there are CNC systems with far greater versatility and capacity, but it is our sincere belief that Shark provides a quality system at reasonable price.

Dealmeister

Post by Dealmeister »

I can purchase 2 or 3 Sharks for the price of an EZ Router ($6750 and $7800). Even though their site is advertising it for $0.00 they wouldn't sell me any at that price!

rapiddawg

Post by rapiddawg »

I've had good response when I had trouble. I like my shark alot. I'm not a business just guy in the garage having fun. Better luck in the future. If you don't like it that much let me know when you throw it in the trash. i'll be the garbage guy that day. lol