Recommended Bits for a Newby

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DCWigg

Recommended Bits for a Newby

Post by DCWigg »

9 years ago at the age of 56 I decided I needed a hobby to keep me busy in my retirement. As a result, I built a shop in my basement and filled it with all the basic tools needed for woodworking. To date I have make some basic custom book cases, hanging quilt racks & decorative Knick-knack shelves, picture frames, router/template generated signs, as well as turning pens & wine bottle stoppers. As a next step in my woodworking hobby, I recently purchased a Rockler 60th Edition CNC Shark. My initial plans are to use it to make basic graphic & text signs, award plaques, decorative tops for jewelry boxes, and engraving aluminum name plates for the award plaques. Not knowing which bits to use for what function, I would like some recommendations on which bits I should purchase initially to produce these projects. Any guidance from you old pros would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and Happy Woodworking!

e1r9i7c9

Re: Recommended Bits for a Newby

Post by e1r9i7c9 »

Precisebits.com, you can find some very good bit, the v grooving 30, 45, 60 and 90 deg was very nice and hard. I use the ball nose 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32. Not be shy to buy the ZRN coating bit. And for the spiral I use the Onsrund 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 up and down cut.