CNC Shark Slimline

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Splinters

CNC Shark Slimline

Post by Splinters »

Hi.... I am looking at ordering the CNC Shark Slimline. The review i read on Rockler webpage makes it sound like it is hard to use. Does everyone agree or is perhaps just the person that made the review? tks for your responses Splinters

4DThinker

Re: CNC Shark Slimline

Post by 4DThinker »

"Hard to use" is relative. I found my CNC Shark relatively easy to use but then I had CAD and design and woodworking experience going in. I've bumped into other Shark owners who thought every thing about using one was alien.

Can you draw using any form of a CAD program?
Do you understand what a vector is?

If you've never used a CNC before then there are some new concepts to learn. How steep the learning curve will be depends on your previous experience and willingness to watch tutorials at vectric.com.

4D

Splinters

Re: CNC Shark Slimline

Post by Splinters »

4D... Thanks for your response... I have been working with a Shopbot CNC and using CorelDraw and Illustrator to create designs for a wide variety of different woodworking projects. I think I will be just fine.... Had just heard this was a great forum to get information on and that's why I signed up and posted my question. I look forward to reading all the posts and comments on here... Thanks for your time....