Dust Collection

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

martin graphics

Dust Collection

Post by martin graphics »

Has anyone hooked up a dust collection system for the Shark Pro? If so can you show me some pics & give a little detail into how it works?

Bob Martin
The Villages, Florida

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Dust Collection

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

I have a dust shoe for my Pro that I built and am testing. So far, the results are quite good. It is easy to install/remove and the brushes can be peeled away for bit changes since they are attached with hook and loop.

I will be posting the g-code soon so you folks can make it if you like. It is for the Pro, but I am reasonably sure that all the sharks are the same where this attaches.

You should know that in 15 years of running all sorts of CNC machines, I've only seen one dust collector that worked really well, and that was a cast doughnut that totally surrounded the bit and was pneumatically controlled. My system does not get all the dust, especially working near the edges when the brushes are hanging out in space, but it certainly gets most, and keeps the airborne dust down.

Ralph

Bob

Post by Bob »

martin graphics wrote:Has anyone hooked up a dust collection system for the Shark Pro? If so can you show me some pics & give a little detail into how it works?

Bob Martin
The Villages, Florida
Bob
Check here for two ideas that I have pursued: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... ector#p153
Also, follow suggested links for pictures if you want. And, go to the next page of the post mentioned above. Few people view page two. Either they are bored with the idea, or they don't realize there is a second page.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

kghinsr

Post by kghinsr »

Ralph
please send the G-code for the dust shoe
or post it here so I can see what you are doing
thank you
Ken
CNC Shark Pro, Laser Engraving, and other CNC equipment

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Consultingwoodworker wrote:I have a dust shoe for my Pro that I built and am testing. So far, the results are quite good. It is easy to install/remove and the brushes can be peeled away for bit changes since they are attached with hook and loop.

I will be posting the g-code soon so you folks can make it if you like. It is for the Pro, but I am reasonably sure that all the sharks are the same where this attaches.

You should know that in 15 years of running all sorts of CNC machines, I've only seen one dust collector that worked really well, and that was a cast doughnut that totally surrounded the bit and was pneumatically controlled. My system does not get all the dust, especially working near the edges when the brushes are hanging out in space, but it certainly gets most, and keeps the airborne dust down.

Ralph
Ralph,

Thanks for making the g-code available. Do you have any photos of your setup where we could see it set up?

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

I'll be posting photos and the g-code this weekend.

Ralph

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Hi Ralph,

Just checking in to see about the photos of your dust collection system. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

PRO, I have been on this site and have enjoyed the post .So I pressed on and made up the files for the Dust Collection I made with a thin metal plate on the underneth side of the Router mount, then mounted with 6 earth magnets on the collection plate and drilled holes for the brushes 1/8th inch and 1/4 inch which ever you want to make ,it works great.
Vac Mount.dxf
(54.47 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
Vac Mount Q Holes.dxf
(41.9 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
IF i can help I sure will. as soon as I get some photo I wiil post them, I wanted to say that the opening in the plat is when the bit is in place you can pass it around the bit easy, Thank

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Haltex wrote:PRO, I have been on this site and have enjoyed the post .So I pressed on and made up the files for the Dust Collection I made with a thin metal plate on the underneth side of the Router mount, then mounted with 6 earth magnets on the collection plate and drilled holes for the brushes 1/8th inch and 1/4 inch which ever you want to make ,it works great.
Vac Mount.dxf
Vac Mount Q Holes.dxf
IF i can help I sure will. as soon as I get some photo I wiil post them, I wanted to say that the opening in the plat is when the bit is in place you can pass it around the bit easy, Thank
That looks pretty cool and thanks for posting!

I have been needing to add something to mine since I got it. :)

How are you attaching the vacuum hose to the vacuum plate?

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

DSC00392 3.jpg
Eric,
This pic will show how its put together, I hope this will help you with the build if any question will be glad to help, I will get some more pic later, good luck on the build. Pro

The dry hose is off the wifes dry that went over real good.
DSC00381  5.jpg
I made it with a piveting arm in the back so it will move with the gantery and the bar at the top has bearings to move back and forth across the 3/4 in aluminum bar.