Project software

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lazym

Project software

Post by lazym »

Where can I go to buy 2D projects to make (something like Carvewright sells)?

I found plenty of 3D projects but I can't get them to carve out like the photos show, even with the use of the Vector Art 3D Machinist. I would be plenty happy if I counld just carve images (2D) onto the wood but I don't know where to find the software.

Thanks,
Wayne

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Project software

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Wayne,

Those for sale projects on the Carvewright site are primarily made and posted by users. I have some projects I have been working on that I think have commercial value here.

Maybe we can talk the Mods into adding a Swap and Sell category where we can all buy/sell/trade/share programs.

Ralph

kghinsr

Post by kghinsr »

Ralph
sounds like a good Idea to me also
that way those of us the know how can help the ones learning also know how
thats what the fourm is all about
helping others
Ken
CNC Shark Pro, Laser Engraving, and other CNC equipment

REG

Post by REG »

Wayne, I am curious as to the project you are looking for. Are you wanting images to 2D carve or an actual project like the T-Rex Skeleton? I've collected many of both and designed some of my own. I had a large Christmas list of projects such as free standing Christmas tree table top decorations to cut out but only touched on a few.
I like Ralph's idea on some kinda of swap shop. Looking at the forum project photo album there is some pretty amazing stuff out there and some seem to be swapping files and links.

Bobby

lazym

Post by lazym »

I am looking for various images to carve. Right now I have a friend who hunts and has a cabin in the woods. He wanted a sign made up with the camp name on it and a carving of a moose. I can't seem to get a 3D carving of the moose (even when I bought the 3D moose image from vectra and ran it through the Vector Art 3D Machinist program. The final toolpath preview shows a detailed moose image but all I get is the outline of a moose. I don't mind that but I want to get more images to carve.

Wayne

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Are you looking to get something like this that I did? http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=398 after you do the toolpaths in Vector Art 3D Machinist program you save the toolpaths as a v3m file. Then you put it in v carve pro and work with it. Hope this helps some. Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Wayne,

Be glad to help as you desire offline. However, you've not made your PM (private message) capability available or turned on. I think once you see this once, you'll be able to do it. Send me a PM if you want with an email address and I'll touch base. No offense if you decline...

lazym

PM

Post by lazym »

I turned on my PM thingy. How does that work?
Just click on it and go?

Wayne

lazym

Post by lazym »

Tonydude

In your msg. you stated you ran it thru Vector Art 3D Machinist. When I went to your attachment, you said you did this in Vector 3D Art. Did you buy the 3D art program or was it run thru the 3D Machinist?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

You buy it from vectorart 3d first then you put it in Vector Art 3D Machinist. After that is all done then you put it in v-carve pro.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.