dust collection

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

steven.brown3

dust collection

Post by steven.brown3 »

I know that most of you have a Shark, but I have a Piranha. Has anyone crafted a dust collection for a piranha?

tyger_purr

Re: dust collection

Post by tyger_purr »

I build an enclosure for my piranha with a vacuum port on the bottom and a vent on top.
Unfortunately my controller went out just as I finished the enclosure so I have not had a chance to use it yet.
I run a CNC Piranha with a Bosch Colt.

lcorig

Post by lcorig »

I also built an enclosure but I built a blower instead of the vacuum system. The blower is capable of 70 mph. I have a speed control on it and rarely run it more than half way. I bought the mini blower from Heartland for $29+shipping and the whole assembly was about $50.00 total.I had designed an oscillating mechanism but so far, I didn't have to use it. Works great!
Attachments
102_1265.jpg
cnc sp blwr plan.pdf
(30.73 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

tyger_purr

Post by tyger_purr »

Mine is not so pretty but it works well.
The front panel is on 270degree hinges so I can fold it all the way over and the sides open for cleaning.
The controller is on a French cleat so I can pick it up and use it in hand.
The machine is set on the edge of the cross supports so there is no way to accidently set things in the travel of the gantry.
There is a hole in the bottom for the shop vac to attach and one panel on top is pegboard to allow air in (not that the rest is built all that tight). The airflow isn't fantastic but it is better than having to clean the whole room.
There is a panel in the front that comes out if I want to do any joinery.
Attachments
IMG_6367.JPG
IMG_6369.JPG
IMG_6371.JPG
I run a CNC Piranha with a Bosch Colt.

Bob

Post by Bob »

tyger
I really like the hopper under the machine. It looks like a nice efficient way to collect all the dust at one point.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)