winusb problem

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

matt1

winusb problem

Post by matt1 »

Is anyone else out there still stuck with the, winusb.dll was not found problem, on the basic panel 1.4.0.17 upgrade. Tim Owens sent me a patch but it did not work.I have a Dell Vostro 1500 lap top with XP.

fison

Re: winusb problem

Post by fison »

Matt,

What version of Windows are you running? Normally that file should be loaded in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.

You can download winusb.dll from the following link and save it to C:\Windows\System 32

http://dllcentral.com/winusb.dll/6.0.6000.16386/

Make sure you click the "DOWNLOAD DLL" button and not the "DOWNLOAD HERE!" button. The second button is for downloading a repair suite which you probably don't need.
Paul Fison
Tacoma, Washington, USA
(253) 925-0855

matt1

Post by matt1 »

Fison,
I have window XP Home Edition, version 2002

matt1

Post by matt1 »

SPECIAL THANKS PAUL,
I,m up and running again. That was a long 3 weeks being down
Thanks again,Matt

djbeam

Post by djbeam »

To get this working .. I went to your site and redownloaded the two pieces of software that is suggested for XP.

I uninstalled the panel software, did a registry clean and then a reboot.

We then installed the .dll first .. and then the panel software. The install seemed to go okay .. no error messages or problems where identified …

When I go to run the software these are the messages I get back and the software will not execute …

(see Image#1 in the attached file)

Then this one .. which is the same as the above …

(see Image#2 in the attached file)

Then this one ..

(see Image#3 in the attached file)

Then it goes to end-of-job.

I am running XP SP3 with lots of memory and disk .. Machine is a Dell M1730 ..

What am I doing wrong .. ?
Attachments
screen shots
screen shots

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Don,

From your description, it sounds like you chose to manually copy the Winusb.dll onto your machine and then install the Shark panel. It's not clear if you installed vcredist_x86.exe first. My guess is that you have not installed this.

If you think you did all the "right steps" and had the error "Missing Winsub.dll" - the solution appears to be:

1. Go the the manufacturer's website for your computer. Download and install the latest hardware drivers for your computer. You may also want to review the BIOS versions as there may have been an enhancement that is specific to your machine's USB capability. Windows update is not the same thing.

2. One or more of your usb ports may not be USB 2.0 capable. Find/use the USB 2.0 capable port(s) only with the Shark.

A post that describes in a little more detail installation and first steps is - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=260.

The only other guess on this is that the specific download you did of the software is corrupted. If you are confident that you have installed the latest hardware drivers for your computer, that you installed vcredist_x86.exe first (before the Shark Panel), that you in fact are plugging into a USB 2.0 capable port, and you are not using the copied Winsub.dll - I would uninstall the shark panel, download it again from the NextWaveAutomation site, and try again.

These last two threads are duplicated in http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=742