Shark HD3 info

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

dieman

Shark HD3 info

Post by dieman »

I have heard the shark has flexing issues. Is that still a problem with the new shark HD3? My other question has anyone ever asked for Vcarve pro I stead of the Vcarve desktop swap and just pay the difference?

meb

Re: Shark HD3 info

Post by meb »

The HD3 is a better built machine than the early CNC Sharks. There are still items on the newer machines that are plastic but the beds have gone through several changes and the extrusions lock together so you won't have the same clamping problems from the past. The gantrey back plate is now solid aluminum so it does not have the same flex that the plastic back plates had. The bearing system has also gone through several upgrades and is adjustable for different situations.

That being said the Sharks are still price ranged for the hobbyist and are comparable in price to other machines built with similar materials.

TAW

Post by TAW »

I got the HD3 slime line because you DO get the v carve pro 8 software and not desk top- upgrade was quated as $350 to go from desktop to v carve pro- I like the longer bed for signs. and the tilling was not that had to do if you wanted longer then the 36'' Y carving area.

dieman

Post by dieman »

Thanks for the help. Sounds like any issues I might have with it I can most likely fix like replacing more of the plastic with aluminum, if it becomes an issue.