CNC Shark Bed

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TomJ

CNC Shark Bed

Post by TomJ »

Hello. I have the basic CNC Shark with the wooden bed. Does anyone know if I can replace that bed with the aluminum slat beds that the other more advanced Sharks have? Thanks for any help you can provide. Appreciate it.

tonydude

Re: CNC Shark Bed

Post by tonydude »

Yes you can, I have did it myself. Still have my old one plus I have the extended bed also. I used 6020 for the bed.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

TomJ

Post by TomJ »

Thanks so much Tony. Is 6020 the order number for the replacement aluminum bed?

Again, appreciate your help.

Tom

meb

Post by meb »

A lot of people have used 8020 aluminum extrusion. https://www.8020.net/

I looked into using it to replace the bed on my Shark Pro but I ended up getting t-rail from Next Wave , the type they are using on the Piranha, black that locks together. It is thicker than the old blue rails that they used in the beginning that did not lock together and caused problems. I I am going to use 1" aluminum angle to mount it. I also have a HD1 with the blue bed and have added angle mounts and tie angles under the bed.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Sorry for the wrong info it is 8020. https://8020.net/catalog/category/view/ ... 7/?cat=382 Will post pictures of mine later.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

meb

Post by meb »

Tony,

There is 6020 extrusion made by Alcoa but I think it is for construction. They may have smaller sizes but I have not checked.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here is my old shark that I changed to a more sturdier bed. More pics to follow.

Tony
Attachments
old bed
old bed
DSCN1610.JPG
DSCN1609.JPG
Buffalo,NY

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

My enclosser for the shark.

Tony
Attachments
DSCN1603.JPG
DSCN1604.JPG
DSCN1607.JPG
Buffalo,NY

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Couple more.
Attachments
DSCN1608.JPG
DSCN1606.JPG
Buffalo,NY