Installing shark controller 2.0 on Windows 10

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Postal911

Installing shark controller 2.0 on Windows 10

Post by Postal911 »

Help please. I'm new to cnc and have a shark cnc extended bed machine. I'm trying to install the controller on a windows 10 machine but keep getting firmware can't connect ...1. Called next wave automation but all I got was " it runs fine on ours Windows 10." Anyone else have this problem? Controller runs fine on my old vista machine but it has a bad battery so I bought this new one an can't use it. Any help on getting it to run would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

meb

Re: Installing shark controller 2.0 on Windows 10

Post by meb »

First make sure you have the latest control installer that you know work for you. Make sure you start with the controller box turned off. Then start the re-install of the control software, do not turn on the controller box until the program prompts for you to turn it on. This should connect the control box to your computer and then you should be able to update the firmware.

I'm not sure that this will help but it would be worth a try.

If this works make sure everything is working correctly with this computer/controller configuration. A friend of mine just bought the same system you bought and when we set it up the control software would not work, the virtual zero would not index correctly and the machine was cutting way too deep. I checked the toolpath and it was okay, we tried re-installing several times and got the same results and Next Wave support never returned calls that day. Next Wave does not provide links for older versions but I save all of the update installers so I can revert back if a newer one does not work. Since I could not get the older install files from the Next Wave site I went home that night and copied the last one I knew was working to a thumb drive and then the next day I installed it on his computer. His was up and running in about 10 minutes and it is still working fine.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I believe you still have to install a USB driver you can download from their site before the controller can be seen by the control software. This page: http://register.nextwaveautomation.com/ Look for vcredist.

Ignore that it says for XP or below. They haven't updated that since XP was the latest version of Windows.

WoodEraser

Post by WoodEraser »

What brand computer is it ?
There has been problems with win 10 on Toshiba and it is with Toshiba apps not win 10.
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

Postal911

Post by Postal911 »

Thanks for the help. Called next wave and still couldn't get it to run . My son came home reinstalled Windows 10 uninstalled mcafee security. Reinstalled the shark controll panel 2.0 and now works fine. Again thanks for all the input.

lotusracer

Post by lotusracer »

I'm having a continual fight with the machine on my Windows 10 laptop, have not yet spoken with NW about the matter as it hasn't been a priority (though it is rapidly becoming so).

The USB device has problems in device manager:
OEMTECH CNC Controllers
->ncPod

The status message is:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Device Timeout}
The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.

I spend most of my time removing the device, driver, control panel, rebooting and then reinstalling all of it to get things to 'work' until the next time it doesn't work. The CD lives in my CD drive. The next time it doesn't work could be the next OS update or reboot, or any time I actually want to use the machine. Haven't started any research into the matter yet. McAfee just got kicked off the machine so we'll see how it behaves next time... currently I can't do anything.