Post Pictures on this Forum - How To

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RhB_HJ

Re: Post Pictures on this Forum - How To

Post by RhB_HJ »

There are many different versions of photo editing software on the market - some are free and others are expensive i.e. to each his/her own. All those apps allow to shrink/resize the pictures, terminology may differ in Corel it is "Resample"; it allows resampling in two ways 1. size of the picture i.e, instead of 3552x2368pixels one can resize to 650x433. 2. one can downsize the resolution from the original dpi - depending on the camera and settings that could be anything - down to 96dpi which is all one needs on the Internet since that is the native format of the monitors.

The workflow however is: reduce DPI, then reduce dimension; reducing the DPI will automatically reduce the dimension too (by how much depends on the DPI of the original).
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

cdat

Post by cdat »

I know how to reduce an image but isn't a file with the cuts in it already too big to reduce that small?
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Hans-Joerg,

The question cdat has is how do you get a typical VCarve project file to be under 256 kb. It ended up in this thread on photo resizing when I mistakenly said that .crv files couldn't be posted and Bob updated that knowledge. His example though falls under what appears to be a 256 kb file size limit for this forum.

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ »

Aaaaah, a change of subject aka as thread drift. :) :) I guess it happens in all fora.
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

Bob

Post by Bob »

jeb2cav wrote:Hi Hans-Joerg,

The question cdat has is how do you get a typical VCarve project file to be under 256 kb. It ended up in this thread on photo resizing when I mistakenly said that .crv files couldn't be posted and Bob updated that knowledge. His example though falls under what appears to be a 256 kb file size limit for this forum.
I was just lucky that the file was small enough.
I am still not sure how to compress a crv file. ....If we could continue the drift a little longer.
Pictures are no problem,I use microsoft office picture manager.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Bob

Post by Bob »

OK,
I need to know if I compressed this file properly. Would someone please let me know if it works?
compressed.zip
Featherboard
(79.23 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Thanks,
Bob
"Focus"

rapiddawg

Post by rapiddawg »

Hello Bob, I was able to open your feather board.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Rapiddawg,
Were the cutting paths there too?
Bob
"Focus"

Ray59

Post by Ray59 »

The concept of posting files for learning to use the Shark or simply to try to make the peroject/improve upon it is excellent. I'll vote for this again if I can. I get my new Shark Pro Plus on Monday. I've tried to read and view everything I could while waiting for my new arrival. It would be great if I could run a project of my choice from a user groups files. Our local sign guy is a friend of mind and he's given me some of his cutoffs from signs he has made. I'm a project manger for a software company. Placing project files on this thread may evenually slow it down. However, Rockler could provide a portal where we could log in and download the files we were interested in using.

Ray59

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Ray - Project file sharing on this forum has been enabled as a result of the discussion and input received. If you look on the list of Forums, you'll see "Shark Project File Sharing". This is where you can share projects and download others.