Clamps for the water cooled spindle

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

southern pastures

Clamps for the water cooled spindle

Post by southern pastures »

So I have purchased my Shark HD3 and I bought a water cooled spindle (110v 1.5kw). It was more than half the cost of Next Waves Spindle and it appears to be identical via markings. My question is does anyone have a picture of the clamps that come with the next wave spindle? Specs? Thanks

monitoringpost

Re: Clamps for the water cooled spindle

Post by monitoringpost »

Why not post the details of your purchase!

southern pastures

monitoringpost wrote:Why not post the details of your purchase!
Which purchase? The Shark or the spindle? I haven't received the spindle yet and the Shark should ship tomorrow. The Spindle is 80mm.

southern pastures

southern pastures

The same seller has this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131724742696?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT. So because I don't have the Shark in front of me I figured I would ask here. That way I can order the right clamp and get everything around the same time, rather than wait for a clamp AFTER. Nothing worse than having a $5,000 toy and not being able to play with it the day you get it.

meb

Post by meb »

The Next Wave clamping system is 2 pieces that go on the top and bottom of the Z axis mount like the standard router clamp. You may be able to modify the ebay mount to fit the shark but remember you don't want to void your warranty for the Shark by modifying any of it's parts. I think your best bet is to cut clamps for it on your new shark or find someone that will cut them for you.

This might work and be more like the Next Wave setup, you would have to add the mounting holes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80mm-router-spi ... 1890752274

Also the Next Wave spindle comes with the power plug and inverter wired and the one you bought will require wiring the plug that connects the power to the inverter and possibly the inverter. I hope the include the transformer for the water pump.

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

You might want to contact Sam at Dixie Billet for an aluminum clamp with an 80mm hole, made for the shark.

Bob

southern pastures

meb wrote:The Next Wave clamping system is 2 pieces that go on the top and bottom of the Z axis mount like the standard router clamp. You may be able to modify the ebay mount to fit the shark but remember you don't want to void your warranty for the Shark by modifying any of it's parts. I think your best bet is to cut clamps for it on your new shark or find someone that will cut them for you.

This might work and be more like the Next Wave setup, you would have to add the mounting holes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80mm-router-spi ... 1890752274

Also the Next Wave spindle comes with the power plug and inverter wired and the one you bought will require wiring the plug that connects the power to the inverter and possibly the inverter. I hope the include the transformer for the water pump.
Thanks meb, I'll keep the ebay item in mind if the guy Bob mentioned won't make it. After speaking with the guy I bought the spindle from I have been assured everything I need is included. I already bought the wire to hook up the inverter, I knew I'd have to wire it. I also have a pump laying around that I can use if the one I get is crap. I think I'm good besides the clamp(s).

southern pastures

rungemach wrote:You might want to contact Sam at Dixie Billet for an aluminum clamp with an 80mm hole, made for the shark.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I just emailed Sam.

meb

Post by meb »

I didn't think about Sam at Dixie Billet. If you get clamps from him they will be good. I have one of his clamps for my Bosch 1617