Where is everyone from?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

Where is everyone from?

Post by tonydude »

Hi my name is Tony and I live in Buffalo,NY. I've had my cnc shark pro for over a year now and enjoy it very much. I will be posting my projects soon. Like to hear from other shark owners.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Dan

Re: Where is everyone from?

Post by Dan »

HI tonydude,

I'm from about 5 hours east of you in Otsego County, NY. I've had my CNC Shark nearly 3 years and I can do probably 2 percent of what it is capable of. I'm part of the "older generation" that was not brought up on computers so it comes to me with great difficulty. I can do text signs but I want to learn to carve designs and images.

Dan

Buc

Post by Buc »

Hi Tony

I'm Buc and I am located in Erie County, PA. about 2 hours west of you. It is a hobby for me. I purchased the Vectric Aspire program. I enjoy carving animals in 3D. I am a retired machinist, so I understand machining but I do have problems working with the aspire software. I need to practice more and view more tutorials. Have also have purchased models from Vector art 3d, inc. I have the Design and carve Disk. Have machined alot of nice things for family, friends, and neighbors. I will upload pictures of my latest project later. My Shark pro will be a year old in about 2 months. Every morning my wife asks me, "what are we making today Einstein?"
Later,
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Hi Buc and Dan, thanks for letting me know where your from. I have the vcarve pro and photo vcarve programs. I also use the vectric art 3d models. Will upload more pictures of my projects later.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

HappyJackP38

Post by HappyJackP38 »

Good morning all

I live in Newport Washington, right at the border with Idaho so we spend as much time in Washington as we do in Idaho. I just purchased my shark and have just gotten the machine installed and build a cabinet for
the computer and getting the software installed. My internet is inside my home and the Shark is in the shop about 100 yards away. So nothing is easy to get to work together I had a Carvewright but it was stolen on 1st of May. The Carvewright had a lot of limitations I did not like so when the chance came up I went with the Shark. my shop is small so that is why I went with the Shark reather than the Pro.
I have an almost unlimited supply of red ceader slabs, and want to carve animials on the slabs. The shark looked the best for what I want to do. I'm retired and only 68 and still go to the pole yard each week for new wood. at 10 bucks for a truck load of end cuts gives me a lot of wood most goes for firewood rest to the shop. Anyone got any ideas on how to get this thing going I'm lissiting.

Jack
Newport

Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Hi Tony,
I live in Richfield, Ohio (half way between Cleveland and Akron) and have had my Shark Pro for 2 1/2 yrs. I considered a home built CNC, the Carvewright and a Shopbot. Fortunately the Shark was offered and since I have a small woodworking shop in my basement it fit quite well. I've been fortunate to have retired twice, once from the State of Ohio and once from a lumber company. Making $$$ with the Shark has been hit and miss but the Shark has been used to make signs and enhance other woodworking projects. I have VCarve Pro (which came with the Shark), Aspire and Photo VCarve. I have found the software to be very intuitive, making it relatively easy to use.
Currently I'm working on a sign that is 9 1/2 inches wide by 7 feet long. I now get to learn a new aspect of cnc carving, indexing. Should be an interesting learning experience.
BTW, my wife's cousin, Jim Ritcher, played for the Buffalo Bills awhile back. About once a season we would catch a home game at Orchard Park.

Hope you have a great day,

Dave

rapiddawg

Post by rapiddawg »

Hello Tony,
I live in Waterford Michigan. Thats 45 min. NorthWest of Detroit. I bought my Shark in the spring. I'm still learning. made a few things. Clad this site has started.

wyzarddoc

Post by wyzarddoc »

Hi Ya'll
Doc here from Houston Tx
10+ years 3D modeling software experience
18+ years teaching human anatomy at local college
40+ years computer programming experience
40+ years woodworking / sawdust generation experience
40+ years toy buying experience!!!!

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

Hi all

Kettering, Ohio a suburb of Dayton

John

Bud

Post by Bud »

Hi CNC folks, My name is Bud Cary and I live in Belton, Missouri. Belton is just south of Kansas City a few miles. I don't own a Shark yet, but would like to ask questions about the different operations the Shark Pro and the new Pro Plus can perform. I build acoustic instruments and need to know if the machine can cut necks for mandolins and guitars.