Lasers Anyone? I've been holding off till I see samples post

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

WayneK

Please post NWA laser samples

Post by WayneK »

NWASupport wrote:The Next Wave Automation 3w (3000mw) laser is designed for surface etching and photo replication on material. As we continuously improve our products and as the market demands it, a more powerful laser may be developed. However, at this time, our customer base has show a desire for an economical laser to supplement their CNC engraving. While a laser powerful enough to cut through material would be wonderful, the intricacy of having an interchangeable tool style 50w laser would be cost prohibitive. If you are interested in through cuts with material or variance of depth, we recommend using the router abilities of our machines. The quick change tool design of the laser adds ease of use and accuracy that would be harder to achieve when using a stand alone laser engraver as well as a stand alone CNC. We are continuously working to improve the software that drives our machines as well and user input is important, as you encounter issues and hurdles we encourage you to forward your information to Support@NextWaveAutomation.com

Regarding the original topic of this thread, CountryWoodCrafts, feel free to contact us, we would be happy to help answer any questions you have and provide any examples you are interested in.
NWA support, I purchased the laser module for my CNC Shark Black Diamond and have not yet tried it. Please post or send me sample projects files so I can get started.When I purchased the laser module I did not realize the 3Watt depth was so limited. I am discouraged already by what I just read in the forum. But I would like a few sample files from NWA so I can test it for myself.

SteveM

Re: Lasers Anyone? I've been holding off till I see samples

Post by SteveM »

I will be watching this forum for info on the laser. My HD4 package came with the laser, but I am not even close to trying it out.
Being under 3 watts, I realize it is only for very lite engraving. I never thought about it cutting thru wood.
I too would like to see some samples and better instructions on ho to use it.

SteveM

Bob C.

Post by Bob C. »

SteveM wrote:I will be watching this forum for info on the laser. My HD4 package came with the laser, but I am not even close to trying it out.
Being under 3 watts, I realize it is only for very lite engraving. I never thought about it cutting thru wood.
I too would like to see some samples and better instructions on ho to use it.

SteveM
My HD4 package came with the laser, also, and as yet I've found no videos nor tutorials that tell me how to use it. I would much appreciate any information on how to utilize it.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Seems like the only way you will see any info on the laser is to look at to parahna info. NW hasn't bothered to put it in the manual of the HD4.
I don't know why that is, but I sure wish they would update their manual on the HD4 to include all the info that the machine can do.
If you go to NW site and look at the Parahna downloads, the info it there.

Doghouse

Post by Doghouse »

If you are on facebook, check out my page Doghouse Custom Creations. I have the FSL laser sold here.