IWF and the new HD 4

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mproads

IWF and the new HD 4

Post by mproads »

My wife and I have just got back from the International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta, Ga. We got to the Georgia World Congress Center on Friday morning, and spent all day at the show. My wife's fit bit said that we walked over eight miles at the show. This was my 6th time to attend, and my wife's first time. The show has grown sence the last time I was there. Besides Next Wave Automation's Shark, there was only three other small cnc router manufactures at the show. There was alot to see at the show.
At the Next Wave Automation booth, there was a new HD 4 under glass setting front and center. There was also a Piranha XL, which has a 24" long bed. There was also a standard Piranha FX setting in the back. And a HD 3 extended bed with a HD 4 gantry on it with a spindle on it. The HD 4 comes with larger rails on the X and Y, but they are unsupported. Could not look at the underside of the machine to see of anything has changed. The salesman said that they have updated the base. They have changed the the back plate of the gantry to include two small rails for future updates/addons. The Pirnha XL had a laser on it that was scaning a wood carving that was a prototype. However I did not see any computer showing the scaned image. So this may be like the 4th axis, just some smoke and mirrors of a laser not doing anything. Dont know if the Extended will be all HD 4 or a combo of HD 4 gantry on a HD 3 bed. I am waiting to see what type of specials that Rockler will have this fall.