Multiple engraved layers on a wood sign.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BLM Enterprise

Multiple engraved layers on a wood sign.

Post by BLM Enterprise »

I need some guidance on how to create the attached pic. Also, can anyone tell if this whole sign was done on a CNC or sand blast? Cutting away background with a router bit would seem to take hours and hours. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
Attachments
image.jpg

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Multiple engraved layers on a wood sign.

Post by jeb2cav »

This post may have some answers for you - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 544#p26544

Postal911

Post by Postal911 »

Sorry this reply is so late. That is a text on text sign. I learned how to do them on YouTube. Go to lagacy cnc videos and they have great examples. Basically you have three layers; original layer which is the whole sign. Then you have first name layer; you copy only first names to this layer. Make any welds to name at this time. Bottom layer- go back to original and copy last name and date to bottom. Next go to first name layer and copy to bottom layer. Now weld fist name to last nam. This is tricky with closed letter so it is good to watch the videos. On fist name layer your starting depth of cut is 0 . Then put in your cutting depth I use.125 . On bottom layer your starting cut depth is .125 and your cut depth again is .125 . This is a short explanation but I hope it helps. Watch in 3D preview after you put in everything and see if all letters are filled in .

Good luck,
Postall911

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

BLMEnterprise,

I have created several text on text (stacked text) wedding anniversary signs 6" x 12" which only took an hour and 30 minutes to carve. In fact, I believe (if I remember correctly) it took longer to design/create in V-Carve than it did to actually setup and carve the project on my CNC Shark.

Have a Nice Day!!! :)

Be SAFE around those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554