White CNC Shark

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Ripper

White CNC Shark

Post by Ripper »

Hi all. So I just purchased a used CNC Shark, it's white with an MDF bed. Visually, it is in immaculate shape. Can anyone tell me if i can put a 6 pound 800w spindle on this unit, or am I limited to a 3 pound trim router.

Thanks for your time,
John
cnc shark.JPG

Bob

Re: White CNC Shark

Post by Bob »

John,
I have had the same model Shark for the past 7 years. It's is an extremely capable machine. I would not recommend putting a spindle on it. It's built strong enough for a trim router, but not a spindle.
That's my opinion...
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the input.

Larry Stobbs

Post by Larry Stobbs »

Out of curiousity how much did you end up paying for the used unit? I have one of the original white machines and just ordered an HD4 (which I hope wasn't a mistake based on some of the complaints I have heard regarding the pendants) and I have had a few people ask me what I wanted for my old unit but I don't really know what to value it at.

Ripper

Post by Ripper »

I think I got a good deal. I purchased it from a fellow in Southern Ontario for $1,800 cad and had it shipped up north. So I guess that's about $1,400 usd. Got a bunch of bits to go with it and a Bosch Colt that has only 40 or 50 hours on it and an extra set of clamps.

John