Having trouble

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Rayjb1978

Having trouble

Post by Rayjb1978 »

Got a question
I'm using vcarve pro and the shark hd 4, every time I put text it will do a little bit and then stop, I can get it moving again if I tap the x or y on the controller but then it messes up the images.
Same thing with vector images
Can't figure it out
Any help would be appreciated

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Having trouble

Post by jeb2cav »

The first thing I would check is with VCarve open and project loaded - when you go to create the tap file - be sure you have selected the CNC Shark post processor. There are 2 there - general description is one for use with 3D carving and one for non-3D carving. And there is also a mm and inch version of each. If you selected the mm version, and your project is in inches, you'd get a very small carve for example.

Does the tap file run to completion? IE - does the gantry return to the home position as if it 'finished' the job?

If you're sure you've selected the correct post processor, post the tap file here and maybe someone will have the time to try it and ensure it is correct.

balbritton

Post by balbritton »

Ray,

Are you using the Pendant or the CNC CP3.0?
Brandon Albritton
Sales/Engineering - Next Wave Automation

egarbe

Post by egarbe »

Ray,

If you are using CP 3 most likely the port is disconnecting in the middle of the job. I have been trying to get CP 3 to work on my HD4 for a couple weeks now and fortunately have only been testing by running a job in the air. Each time the CP 3 stops sending data to the controller but the router continues to run. I can get more to feed by jogging from the pendant. If you are using CP 3, when the job locks up go to the view menu on CP 3 and select debug list then select the comport tab. I bet you will see disconnected entries as it locked up. I have talked to tech support on this and they say they are referring it to their software people but to run my jobs from the pendant in the mean time.

Ed

Angelp357

Post by Angelp357 »

Has anyone had any luck with finding a solution to this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

mdwalters1

Post by mdwalters1 »

current build.PNG
(4.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I also echo the issue that is occurring. The HD4 ran fine for the stars that I made in the desktop software however paused several times while performing the text engraving that I desired.

I could get the file to continue if I...
pushed pause on the program
then bumped up the z height from the pendant.
The router then would stop. I could then unpause the file and the router would start again and the engraving would start.
However, the router is now higher than it was and the engraving would not be as deep as it was (obviously since I changed the z height).

Frustrating... What is the next step?

I have updated the firmware on the controller. It did not help me. I am connected via a USB cable.
Attachments
vcarve desktop version.PNG

mdwalters1

Post by mdwalters1 »

Okay, so I worked through my issue with the controller. I cannot connect it to my computer directly as I must have a USB memory device to get the file to run correctly. Everything worked fine that way.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I talked to customer support yesterday about how to do something else, but he did say the CP3 upgrade is having problems with Windows 10. Something about the recent windows updates.
They think they have the problem fixed, but he suggested to keep using the pendant for awhile.
I am using Windows 7 and have not tried the CP firmware that is preloaded in the control box. He told me if I wanted to load in the new CP3, there are no problems with Windows 7, just Windows 10.
I have only used the pendant so far and have had good luck with it, so I am not in a hurry to try CP3.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Hi all,

I'm sorry to those who experienced issues on CP 3.0. I can confirm there were a number of issues we experienced due to windows 10 style updates on all OS, and other software interference that made getting this project off the ground right much more difficult than in the past. Microsoft has been backloading updates to older OS that have had a large affect on USB communications.. I believe their long-term goal is to provide better power management on all PCs from Win 7 up, but it has cost many people and many companies great loss, and many users great loss of faith in traditionally good products. With the current Windows updates from January or February, both the firmware from December and January will run to completion on almost any GCode file with the current release of CP 3.0.

However, the system runs at a pace that is approximately 15-20% slower than running off the pendant, which is why we recommend using the pendant for running files.

We have also released compiled firmware updates with January released firmware for the Piranha FX and XL/HD 4.0 controllers, which avert communication issues with the website during download.

Checking the power settings in the control panel is a good first step.. it is a common issue in Legacy Shark controller driver and a possible issue in for any USB driver. if you have a beta update that works, great.. but the final bugs were worked out in version 3.02 Build 16 j, and steps have been taken to allow a cleaner exit from the application and better EStop functionality, along with a brand new image conversion interface (written by me).

We have just divided the CP into two parts, which are in the testing phase. 1 for Legacy Shark ncPod controllers v2.5 and 1 for Next Wave controllers v3.0. The new divided CPs should be released in the next few weeks, so keep a watch on our site.

We have not rolled in 4th axis to the CP at this time, butit may be rolled into the CP built exclusively for the Piranha through HD 4.0 following the release of the split. It is something I will be able to do in a very short period of time, but testing will take a few weeks.

Also, the Legacy Shark ncPod CP version 2.1 has also gotten a series of updates for registration and virtual to make everyone's lives a little bit easier.

Best Regards, Next Wave Software Engineer

mikkell404

Post by mikkell404 »

Hey All,

Hotkeys don't seem to be working in CP3. Is this a known issue?

thanks,
Mike