Spindle options

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sharkcutup

Re: Spindle options

Post by sharkcutup »

It's likely not a defect, per se. On mine (Not an NWA one) the collar holding the power connector (at top) vibrates loose about every 10 hours of use...just something I watch and laugh at.
(an earlier Rando Post)

Mine has done that too here recently. My Remedy: Put a piece of Electrical tape completely around the collar to help keep power connector in place.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rando

Post by Rando »

sharkcutup wrote:
It's likely not a defect, per se. On mine (Not an NWA one) the collar holding the power connector (at top) vibrates loose about every 10 hours of use...just something I watch and laugh at.
(an earlier Rando Post)

Mine has done that too here recently. My Remedy: Put a piece of Electrical tape completely around the collar to help keep power connector in place.

Sharkcutup
Hahah....yeah, I was going to do that, or plumbing-style pipe tape, but then I remembered that I can barely remove the plug from the socket when it's completely disengaged, due to the cable being physically restrainted, and the high connector contact-retention force. Since the spindle is nice and (relatively, at low RPMs) quiet, the ting-ting-ting rattling is readily heard. Like I said...I just chuckle and tighten it back down, knowing that even if it came completely loose, that power connector is NOT coming out. I'm a big fan of positive cable retention, must be having lived around the Boeing plants for all those years ;-).

Cheers!

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Yup and I live around Martin Marietta and Lockheed Plants for many years, even worked in some --- Interesting HUH???

And Thank You for the heads up about the connector NOT coming out due to positive cable retention. It is a GREAT thing to know.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554