VCarve CNC Glitch?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

erich2027

Re: VCarve CNC Glitch?

Post by erich2027 »

sharkcutup wrote:erich2027,

Is there any chance that you could post your .crv file (V-Carve or Aspire File)? So that we may look over your design file for any discrepancies that may lead to your problem area.

Sharkcutup
Attached the .crv.
Attachments
Coffee1.crv
(7.1 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

Rando

Re: VCarve CNC Glitch?

Post by Rando »

Based on the GCode, it says your Z0 is at the top surface of the wood. Can you get an accurate (+/- 0.010") measure of that errant cut's depth? Is it flat across it's length, like the bit was going horizontally, or is there a vertical component to it? I took at look at the GCode in a backploatter, and even the entry/exit looks fine. Indeed, as the end of the file is processed, the bit really shouldn't even be in that area.

Looking at the tap file, the only thing I'm seeing that might be an issue is the vertical feedrate settting at 100.0 IPM. Granted, it's a rapid movement (G00 down at the end), but 100 seems pretty fast. I wonder if it's losing steps in that one move, and then as it's trying to move out of the way when it's "done", it's loses steps right then, and doesn't actually go "up" as much as the machine thinks it does.

Is 100IPM a normal Z-axis speed, even for rapids? Looking at similar moves in mine, the rapid rate is set to 25.00 IPM. But, I also have a heavy spindle and stuff on the Z-axis, so it would make sense mine can't move lightning fast.

The tap file also says that the X0Y0 is in the center, which is fine. Can you describe the location where the router was sitting (X, Y and Z) relative to that center, when you started the run? Was it over the center of the board and above the (approximately) center X0Y0? I'm just trying to figure out if the machine was intentionally trying to get somewhere in the errant cut, or it was truly a machine "error" in that it did something it wasn't told to. (Uppity computers!)

And since this kind of thing actually does happen, that something like a void in the wood is initially believe to be an errant cut...you know i gotta ask...was that gouge there when the cutting started? Is it actually a plug cut to remove a wormhole in the solid wood? Yeah, I thought not....that would be crazy ;-).

Onward and upward into the mystery!

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)