Help! Windows 10 Problem

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JerryP

Help! Windows 10 Problem

Post by JerryP »

So, I recently got a new computer to use with my CNC Shark and it runs Windows 10. I downloaded the Next Wave Universal Control Panel to run windows 10. I have no problems accessing the control panel and loading a file. However, when I click RUN I receive a message that I had not received when running this on the old computer. It says 'Please turn on the Router and after it ramps up to speed press OK to Begin Program'. On the old computer, the Router always started running immediately upon pressing OK. I'm not sure what's wrong or what I need to do to fix this problem. Could someone help me?

SteveM

Re: Help! Windows 10 Problem

Post by SteveM »

Which shark do you have?

JerryP

Post by JerryP »

CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Best suggestion is to call NWA Tech support!

I know they have been having problems with Windows 10 and I think you have to make sure there are some updates you need to download for Windows.
My understanding is they now have control panel running in windows 10, but you need to make sure you have the Windows file installed.
I am sure they will talk you thru it on the phone.

JerryP

Post by JerryP »

Thank You! I'll do that!

KrnlPan0c

Post by KrnlPan0c »

I have the same problem with the universal control panel. The interesting thing is that I noticed there is a momentary application of power to the router outlet when I am jogging. It only happens for a split second when the jog moves starts and stops. It's not enough to power the router, I noticed it because I have a small LED light connected in addition to the router so I have light when the router is powered on. The LED light will flash during jog moves but not during a program run. Have to turn the router on manually for that.

Everything works as expected in V2.1 so for now I am sticking with that.

Pontleas

Post by Pontleas »

I'm sorry for posting to an old thread but i'm interested if you, Jerry, have ruled out the problem and whether it works now or not? reason i ask that is because i have same problem and now that i sit home doing nothing searching for medsreviews.com because of my health issues. thanks!