Post by HeartFelt Rustics »

I am looking to upgrade to either a Shark or Axiom Autoroute not
Pro (router not liquid cooled). Does anyone have either of these machines
that can give some input? Thank you!

Rando

Re: Shark vs Axiom

Post by Rando »

HeartFelt Rustics:

It's been a week with no reply....because nobody's gonna step into that complex a question.

If you want some usable advice on the matter, you're gonna need to give a LOT more context about what you did before, what you want to do now, what you want to do in the future, and what your other criteria are.

If you're a computer dweeb like me, you'll maybe find the attached excel spreadsheet useful. Sorry, no easy answers. But, at least now you have a tool with which to make the decision. That's a start :D. (If it asks, you'll need to turn ON macros if it asks when you open the spreadsheet.)
BDMEvaluationTemplate.xlsx
Decision-Making Framework spreadsheet
(35.6 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
BDMEvaluationFramework.docx
Decision-Making Framework instructions
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

The best suggestion is for you to try and decide on what you intend to use the machine for and then get the most machine you can afford.
I have had a HD4 for 3 months and returned it and got a Axiom 4 Basic. That was 3 years ago.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Speaking of 3 years ago... that's about when this question was originally asked. To OP hasn't logged in the forum in over 2 years.

If I ever upgrade the Shark, I'll probably do an Axiom. They're great, sturdy machines. Having said that, the Shark fulfills all my needs right now, so I don't know that I'll ever need to move up.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I agree!
I know many people who have a Shark and love them. I probably just got a bad one and Next Wave never offered to replace the machine, so I returned it to Rockler and got the Axiom