Things to make that really sell?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

IDBD

Things to make that really sell?

Post by IDBD »

Hi All,
Please post your items and items of things you have made that really sell.
I mean... What have you made that you have attracted to that really sells?
What are somethings that just fly off the shelf as fast as you can make it?

Thank you in advance.

sharkcutup

Re: Things to make that really sell?

Post by sharkcutup »

Good Luck on getting an answer to that question!!!! :lol: :roll:

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

IDBD

Post by IDBD »

sharkcutup wrote:Good Luck on getting an answer to that question!!!! :lol: :roll:

Sharkcutup

Why do you think this?

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Here is the thing!

If you have something special that really sells, why would you want to tell everyone else what it is, how to make it and how much you sell the item for.
The things you make and sell should be something you made, not something you copied from someone else.
Be unique design and make something you feel would be liked by others.
When I make something, I usually show the item to my kids and friends to get there thought as to weather it would possibly sell or what I could do to make it better.
Even after that when you go to a craft show to sell items, you never know what the people are looking for.
You should have several items at different price points and hope there is interest in what you are offering.
Every show is different, the people walking around are different. You never know what will peak there interest.
Have fun with the people, be engaging and listen to what they say about what you're selling and take note of what they say.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Here is the thing!

If you have something special that really sells, why would you want to tell everyone else what it is, how to make it and how much you sell the item for.
The things you make and sell should be something you made, not something you copied from someone else.
Be unique design and make something you feel would be liked by others.
When I make something, I usually show the item to my kids and friends to get there thought as to weather it would possibly sell or what I could do to make it better.
Even after that when you go to a craft show to sell items, you never know what the people are looking for.
You should have several items at different price points and hope there is interest in what you are offering.
Every show is different, the people walking around are different. You never know what will peak there interest.
Have fun with the people, be engaging and listen to what they say about what you're selling and take note of what they say.
Could not have said it better myself --- Thanks SteveM!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :)

Be SAFE Around those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rando

Post by Rando »

...so true! And maybe more importantly, would you really then TRUST information that comes from people who believe you're trying to become their competitors? There's a reason a big part of Marketing is creating and protecting "barriers to entry" against competition.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)