V CARVE

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

maddes054

V CARVE

Post by maddes054 »

I AM HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING ONE THING, IN VCARVE. WHEN IT SAYS THE HEIGHT OF ITEM TO BE CARVED IS THIS THE HIEGHT YOU WANT. LIKE USEING .75 LUMBER AND YOU WANT IT TO BE .55 HIEGHT. JUST NO UNDER STANDING THIS

SteveM

Re: V CARVE

Post by SteveM »

The thickness of the material is what they are talking about.
If the material is 3/4" thick and you want to cut a 1/4" pocket, then when you are done with that cut, you will have about 1/5" material.

When you start a new project, you have to tell V Carve what thickness you are starting with, so it can calculate everything correctly.
There are tons a videos to get you started. Watch them as often as you can. You will learn a lot by just viewing them.
Just go to google and type V Carve videos and or V Carve tutorial's, and you will be amazed at how many there are.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Another thought is to go to the Vectric web site and or forum. There is plenty of help there.

maddes054

Post by maddes054 »

SteveM wrote:The thickness of the material is what they are talking about.
If the material is 3/4" thick and you want to cut a 1/4" pocket, then when you are done with that cut, you will have about 1/5" material.

When you start a new project, you have to tell V Carve what thickness you are starting with, so it can calculate everything correctly.
There are tons a videos to get you started. Watch them as often as you can. You will learn a lot by just viewing them.
Just go to google and type V Carve videos and or V Carve tutorial's, and you will be amazed at how many there are.

just wanted to say thanks a lot tutorials are great, the lions head has been killing me but I will keep on carving along till I get it right

Bob

Post by Bob »

maddes054 wrote:I AM HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING ONE THING, IN VCARVE. WHEN IT SAYS THE HEIGHT OF ITEM TO BE CARVED IS THIS THE HIEGHT YOU WANT. LIKE USEING .75 LUMBER AND YOU WANT IT TO BE .55 HIEGHT. JUST NO UNDER STANDING THIS
Do you mean this height?
height.PNG
(4.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Buc

Post by Buc »

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

In the Job setup (x & y) Width (x): Height (y): This is your project material Size --- Let's Say you have a pine board 11" by 48" by 3/4" Thick and you have not made any changes to your CNC Machine (Some individuals have swapped around the X & y axis because it made more sense to them and it was easier to work with in the Vectric programs). Anyhow you would put in 11" on the width (x): and 48" on the height (y): (which is the longer axis). Below that Material (z) (which is the thickness (z)) is where you put the 0.75 for the 3/4 thickness of your pine board.

There are tutorials on the Vetric website that can help also!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :)

Be Safe Around those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554