router plunging all the up during project

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

johnp

router plunging all the up during project

Post by johnp »

after 4 hours my router plunged all the way up and I had to manually stop it next project the router plunged all the way down into table during a project . I have a shark pro hd4 Can anyone help

tonydude

Re: router plunging all the up during project

Post by tonydude »

You must of hit the upper limit of your z axis which will cause it to do that. Rezero your bit and have your home set like this example.

Tony
Attachments
home.PNG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

dvaskie127

Post by dvaskie127 »

Did you ever figure out why the router went a stray?

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the forum (like so many others) has the issue where new users will come, post a problem, maaaaybe a follow-up question, then vanish without further update. Hopefully, that's an indication that the solution worked for them and they just couldn't be bothered to tell us how things went.

I see this a lot in online forums. Lots of people are willing to post questions, fewer are willing to offer thanks when they get the solutions. Fortunately, this forum has a great base of active users with lots of answers.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I guess that is the way peoples minds think! As you say, many forums are like that. They probably got it figured out with the help of the forum and then don't follow up with a thank you. I know I have probably done that a few times myself.
The Vectric forum is a good example for this as well. Many ask for help, get the help and then fail to say thank you or just come back and say I figured it out by myself.