CNC shark software upgrade

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Diabeticmedic

CNC shark software upgrade

Post by Diabeticmedic »

Hello everyone! I bought a CNC Shark 3 as a used demo from a local woodworking store. I'm currently using Vcarve pro 8.5 which is fantastic. I'm having a few issues on the shark side and I'm hoping yall can help. First off when I attempt to zero z off the spoil board when I use my touch plate etc and then send it back to 0,0,0 it tries to bury the bit thru the material all the way to the spoil board. I'm thinking this is a problem with my shark control panel. I think I'm currently using version 1.6 and I'm not sure how to update the software/firmware to a newer version of the control panel. I'm thinking this was an issue that they addressed in a patch or an upgrade but I cannot find it. Any thoughts or help for a newbie?

Woodworker4315

Re: CNC shark software upgrade

Post by Woodworker4315 »

I had that happen a few times with mine. It was kind of random though. This is very low-tech but I found waiting a few seconds before sending it back to zero made a difference. HTH

bhoppy

Re: CNC shark software upgrade

Post by bhoppy »

If you set zero at the spoil board that is where it will move to when to send it to 0,0,0. You need to set zero at the top of the part or higher. Set your touch plate on the top of part not the spoil board.