Pockets the wrong size

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

CyberBiker

Pockets the wrong size

Post by CyberBiker »

Cutting out a box with tabs, holes & lock tabs. Problem is that all of the tab and lock holes are too small when machined. Instead of the lock holes being about .5" square, they are .25" square. Tab holes are also only 1/4" wide and about 1 3/4" long (should be just over 2")

I added dog bones so the tabs would fit, picked a pocket tool path cutting on the inside, added a .07" offset, wanted to makee the holes just a smidgen wider and longer so the tabs would fit.

What did I do incorrectly?

File attached
Attachments
Stacking Boxes-HappyHolliday.crv
file with holes that are too small
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
Dave
CNC Shark HD Extended
VCarve 9.0

Bob

Re: Pockets the wrong size

Post by Bob »

CyberBiker wrote:Cutting out a box with tabs, holes & lock tabs. Problem is that all of the tab and lock holes are too small when machined. Instead of the lock holes being about .5" square, they are .25" square. Tab holes are also only 1/4" wide and about 1 3/4" long (should be just over 2")

I added dog bones so the tabs would fit, picked a pocket tool path cutting on the inside, added a .07" offset, wanted to makee the holes just a smidgen wider and longer so the tabs would fit.

What did I do incorrectly?

File attached
Dave two things: Use a negative number for the allowance. And check the view icon so that you can see where the cut will actually be made:
pocket.PNG
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

CyberBiker

Re: Pockets the wrong size

Post by CyberBiker »

Thanks, will give that a try
Dave
CNC Shark HD Extended
VCarve 9.0