Where are my files?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, sbk, al wolford

Where are my files?

Postby CyberBiker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I have a CNC Shark HD Extended with a pendant. I also have a folder (directory) with a whole bunch (29) .tap files for some personalized signs. Less than half of the files can be found when the drive is plugged into the Pendant. Where are they? If I look at the drive on the computer, they are all there. Sometimes the folders or directories are also missing.

Does this have anything to do with the highly truncated directory listing on the pendant?

Are there limits to how big a flash drive they can effectively read?
Is there a limit on how deep the file structure can go (how many directories deep)
Does anyone have a good suggestion for managing a long list of files that are ready for the CNC Shark?

Has anyone heard anything about an update to the Pendant software that will give us a longer file name display?

Would connecting a computer to the controller instead of using the Pendant be of any help?

Thanks.
Dave
CNC Shark HD Extended
VCarve 9.0
CyberBiker

Re: Where are my files?

Postby CyberBiker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Discussed the issue with Next Wave. Seems that the pendant can only read a short list of file entries on the USB stick. If there are less than about 12 entries, everything is fine, if there is more than that the directory listing gets messed up. They did suggest that an improved file reading mechanism is in the pipe line.
Dave
CNC Shark HD Extended
VCarve 9.0
CyberBiker

Re: Where are my files?

Postby Kayvon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 am

Twelve? That's... not very many. :cry:

The more I read about the pendant on the forum, the happier I am to have a dedicated computer hooked up instead.
Kayvon

Return to CNC Shark