Drilling tool path goes crazy when setting virtual zero

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tradewinds

Drilling tool path goes crazy when setting virtual zero

Post by tradewinds »

I setup a simple drilling tool path to drill six 1/4 holes in a board that is 5.5 " wide and 12" long.
When I load it into my CNC Shark, it prompts me to set virtual zero, when I click okay the router attempts to run past the usable table space, which I then abort.

I am running VCarve 8.5
The starting XY Data position is set to the upper left circle (Upper left hand corner of the board). I have also tried setting it up using the bottom left corner and center of the board, but encounter the same issue.

Other cutting paths run as expected, Such as a profile cut. Needless to say I don't use the drilling tool path very often.

FYI, I have asked the same question on the Vectric forum, but have not gotten the issue resolved.

tradewinds

Re: Drilling tool path goes crazy when setting virtual zero

Post by tradewinds »

SUCCESS
Two changes were made. Per a user's suggestion on the Vectric forum I went into Preferences, Virtual, and then clicked Clear Readings.
I also applied the latest software updates and firmware to the Shark CNC.

When trouble shooting, I know I should have just applied one of these changes at a time, which would have given me a better understanding of what was causing the issue. I would lean towards the old saved virtual readings to be the culprit.