my first design

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tooldude

my first design

Post by tooldude »

I have the design done do I just save it to the jump drive. Then when I take it to my HD4 will it automatically find the start point I set up or do I have to do something else

SteveM

Re: my first design

Post by SteveM »

Short answer is NO!!!!

You have to setup your work piece, and depending on where you set your start point you will need to align the piece and set your Z zero point to the top of yhe work piece, if that is where you originally set it when creating your project.
Consider that the machine is stupid. It won't do anything without an exact set of instructions.

Rando

Post by Rando »

...and remember to clamp the material down! ;-).

As SteveM says, there's a LOT to know before you just compile-and-run. They including things like setting the feeds & speeds for the cuts, what kinds of bits to use, workholding techniques, surface finish improvement, and on and on.... 'Tis a wonderful thing!

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Look at the tutorials and learn the program. I use it all the time. http://support.vectric.com/training-material

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.