HD4 pendant Problems

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, sbk, al wolford

HD4 pendant Problems

Postby jamespotter » Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 am

Hi,

I just got the new HD4. Used it 1 time and the color pendant has gone dead and has to be re calibrated.
I called tech support and he told me to loosen the screws on the front of the pendant and put my finger on the center of the screen and turn the control box on. Then it takes you into calibrate mode.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5213

Thanks
jamespotter

Re: HD4 pendant Problems

Postby tshelb619 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 am

I had a similar problem with mine ( sort of ) where it would not come on and constantly beep. Tech supoprt told me it probably lost its firmware and gave me instructions on how to install the new firmware onto the pendant with a usb. If you give me an email address I will forward you the email with the firmware zip and instructions that Next Wave Automation sent me. Hope it helps

Tyler
tshelb619

Postby IanJacknow » Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

I have also had issues with control and think it most-likely is due to my firmware not being up to date. I talked to a customer support rep. on the phone and he told me he would send me the same firmware-updater download link, but he never did.
Tyler, would you be able to post in this Thread the zip file so I can also access it?

Thanks,
Ian
IanJacknow

Postby tshelb619 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:03 am

Hey guys,
Ok, forgive me if this is wrong and let me know if there are problems or if I didn't do something correctly. Here is the zip and the instructions I was given by Next Wave. Hope it helps!

Tyler

(Next Wave Instructions on Firmware UPDATE)
To update your LCD Firmware to version 4.64 follow these instructions:

1.) Copy the 3 files in the attached zip folder to the base folder of a USB drive.
2.) Turn OFF the CNC Controller
3.) Make sure the touch plate is not plugged in
4.) Plug the USB into the LCD
5.) Turn the CNC back on.
You now have a blank screen and hear a set of beeps, every 1-2 minutes you will hear another set of beeps. After 3 times the screen should come back on and you will be prompted to run the screen calibration.

6.) Run screen calibration after update
7.) Go to Apps\Factory Restore and hit okay
8.) Turn off CNC
9.) Pull out the USB and reboot again
10.) Your screen is now updated and should run okay
11.) Go to apps\About LCD and check your GUI version.
Attachments
4.64XL&HD (2).zip
(476.8 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
tshelb619

Return to CNC Shark