Project size

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Char

Project size

Post by Char »

I have an HD4 ext so we all know that the workable area is 50"x 25" but I am working on getting my shop sign done and while it is only going to be 9" on X, it is 120" on Y so it exceeds the work area. While I know that I can measure and move for each word is there a way to create the toolpaths and files so that all I have to do is move the piece and continue? Or is it best to create individual projects and run them as an individual project each word?
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

Bob

Re: Project size

Post by Bob »

Char,
It sounds like you need to use the tiling toolpath.
Go here to use the tutorial...several times. Work along with it.
file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/VCarve%20Pro%20V9.0/Toolpath_Tiling/Toolpath_Tiling_2D_Toolpaths.html
See if this answers your question.
Once you are familiar with the tiling toolpath, you will find it to be very helpful.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Here's a direct link to Vectric's youtube video on it, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhSF0uoA0g

Char

Post by Char »

Thanks for the tips and video, tiling is what I needed to do so I could start, stop and move. Sign turned out great finishing touches on it today and then it will be in the first project section for a picture.
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!