Problems with 3D Carving

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hardidon

Re: Problems with 3D Carving

Post by hardidon »

As a follow up...

Went and tried another 3d project and while going along the roughing pass, lost the Z again and tried drilling down through the floor. Needless to say, i was upset. I had checked the version of firmware on my controller and Pendant, but could not find on the NWA web site what the version(s) should be. So read through their instructions and carted my PC out to the garage and hooked it up to the controller and upgraded the controller firmware. Continued and upgraded the firmware on the Pendant.

While going through the Pendant firmware upgrade, i noticed that the Y control cable. I have my controller mounted underneath the bench where the CNC is sitting, and the Y cable is routed from the back of the controller to the back of the bench and then up on top of the bench, along the CNC bed to the front of the unit and over to the Y stepper. Well while doing the Pendant upgrade, i noticed that the Y cable was under the edge of the front foot of the CNC bed. Don't know when or how that happened, but lifted the bed up and slid the cable out from under. There was some 'crushing' but no mangling. Since that time i have redone two of the three projects with no more trips to China.

So the firmware upgrades and / or the un-crushing of the Y control cable seems to have solved my issues.

thanks
don