Z-Axis adjustment

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

boxerstoo

Z-Axis adjustment

Post by boxerstoo »

My Black Diamond machine’s Z-Axis is not 90 degrees to my table.
This has never bothered me making lithographs.
Flattening my sacrificial board, I have pronounced lines on the X-Axis.
My gantry is as it should be, but my router bracket is out of alignment and I can see no way to be able to adjust it.
I have attached pictures thinking I am showing my problem. Are there any engineer type or Shark experts that have run into this and one up with a solution?
Thank you
Attachments
0DDF0FFB-5917-4664-ADE9-1E2ED90385E9.jpeg
1C7BFAFE-C86A-44A6-BA25-ACB65307F91D.jpeg

sharkcutup

Re: Z-Axis adjustment

Post by sharkcutup »

I am not an engineer by no means. My experience is from an Aerospace and Industrial Quality Control background.

CNC machining/woodworking is a hobby and a means of not becoming a so-called 'couch potato' in my senior years.

First I would try unclamping the the router in its mounting clamp and moving it upward slightly then re-tighten mounting clamp and recheck alignment. The Router may be resting in mounting clamp with that slight out of alignment condition when resting on the slightly larger circumference of the router throwing it out of alignment. By moving the router upwards slightly you will be ensuring that the router mounting clamp is in full contact around the equal circumference of the router after the router mounting clamp is tightened.

Just a thought after reviewing the images you have posted!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Z-Axis adjustment

Post by jeb2cav »

I agree about moving the router 'up' a bit in the clamp so that only the flat/barrel side is used.

I would look at this though with a 'flat' rod in the chuck and a small square - against the table. From the pictures, it isn't clear to me if that wood held by the bit is actually 'flat' against the table.

Do you think you are out of alignment left to right / parallel with the gantry, or out of alignment perpendicular to the gantry?