New HD4 owner

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

pj26

New HD4 owner

Post by pj26 »

Replace the controller, shim the carriage and add limit switches to have something that should have been standard when purchased.

​​​​​​​My two cents.
Last edited by pj26 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharkcutup

Re: New HD4 owner

Post by sharkcutup »

I totally agree with you on the limit switches and of course the alignments of some items such as the Z-Axis to bed. Kind of wish they had something in the line of fine tuning adjustments instead of having to shim here and there. And of course yes the machine cost seemed a bit high for its drawbacks/handicaps.

When shopping for a CNC router machine an individual must decide what his/her intentions are for machining tolerances in the material in which they intend the machine to carve. If you are machining Aluminum you would want a machine that is rigid enough to withstand tight tolerance machining. On the other hand, if you are machining wood not so much because even if you were to cut in very tight tolerance the wood material tends to move as stresses within the wood grain are relieved. So I guess what I am trying to say here is you have to purchase a machine based on what you are wanting or intending the machine to do.

Now I have had my machine (noted below in Signature/Info Block) from NWA for over three years now carving wood and some plastic (plexi-glass). This machine has served me well for what I intended to do with the it. Granted I did make a few adjustments but I had expected it when I purchased the machine.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

OCEdesigns

Re: New HD4 owner

Post by OCEdesigns »

I agree a little.
I have contacted NWA 2 times over the phone and was taken care of quickly and professionally and problems resolved before hanging up.
I have had my HD4 extended for several months and have done wood, plastic, and even Aluminum. I have made a few adjustments but it was mostly with the plunge rate of the Z for the virtual zero feature. I have not had to make any adjustments to parallel of gantry. Mine checks out very close on both x and y axis' At least close enough to not affect the carvings I do.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips