Power Box died mid-job

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gmagge

Power Box died mid-job

Post by gmagge »

Greetings,

I was running a job that was had been running for about 45 minutes, nothing unusual. Suddenly the HD4 power box turned off. I've checked the power source, it's all working. I've tried plugging the power box to another circuit, still no power, the power button doesn't even light up.

I took it apart and noticed a fuse soldered in, but it is not damaged (filament is intact).

Will I have to buy a new one? Or is there something that I can do...any ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Re: Power Box died mid-job

Post by Bob »

G,
Check where the power cord is plugged into the box. There should be a tiny holder for a fuse there...with a spare fuse.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

gmagge

Re: Power Box died mid-job

Post by gmagge »

Bob, you are correct. I got the same info from Nextwave a few hours ago. I had no idea there was a fuse at the power switch. Live and learn I guess. For others, here is the full info from Nextwave:

The primary fuse is inclosed in a plastic drawer inside the plug and switch on the back of your controller. There is a spare inside.
------------------------
This loss of power could be caused by a blown fuse in the Controller. If the unit experiences a power spike, the fuse will blow to protect the rest of the system. This fuse is designed to be easily replaceable and a spare has been provided in the unit. Access to the fuses is located between the power switch and where the power cord plugs in. In this drawer there are two 10 amp fast blow fuses, the fuse located closest to the inside of the controller is in use and the other one is a spare.
8F36A941-FC33-4678-ACB5-C96B4C8CE1CD.png