HD4 Pendant Frozen

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jasonellington

HD4 Pendant Frozen

Post by jasonellington »

My pendant stopped working yesterday. At first it wouldn't come on at all, but then started coming on and freezing on the "continue" page. The button comes up, but is actually blank. Please let me know if anyone has an answer on what is going on.

Rando

Re: HD4 Pendant Frozen

Post by Rando »

It seems the pendants have issues. First up, make sure there is no debris under the lip of the case bezel that surrounds the LCD panel. Sometimes dirt will get in there and cause it to see phantom finger presses in an area of the screen where there's no button. Does it respond to ANY presses? If not, I'd give that a try before calling NWA's support line.

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Not only do the pendants seem to have issues, most longtime users on the forum have the control box USB solution, so it's harder to get group answers on pendants.

Rando

Post by Rando »

There's a place on Facebook where about 1400 HD4/5 owners, and some with older machines hang out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SharkHD4Owners/

People in that group are CONSTANTLY discussing freezing and unresponsive issues with the pendants.
Next Wave apparently also got a bad shipment of them recently, as some were DOA and had to go back
immediately.

Cheers!

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I'm glad I missed the bullet on that one. Sure, it's a little annoying to dedicate a cheap computer to the CNC, but the only problems I every see with this setup on the forum is when the USB cable is bad. Pendants seem to have all sorts of problems.