SHARK-SD100

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Racer88

SHARK-SD100

Post by Racer88 »

Any1 have the SHARK-SD100? What are you using it for? Thinking about using it to make engravings on soft metals. Any1 have experience with swapping out the router for spindle? I run large machines and never had any of the small desktop ones. Really need a small machine this size but still on the fence. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!

Elderoaklander

Re: SHARK-SD100

Post by Elderoaklander »

I wish I could say I'm in love w/ my new (hours old) SD100. Unfortunately, it was dead on arrival (controller?) Next Wave tech support has tried to be helpful - they should have sent out a new controller immediately, instead of thinking I'm a newby who is inexperienced. Have had other, larger, cnc's and never had problems right out of the box.

Bob

Post by Bob »

If you look here: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.php?f=4 you will see 1263 answers to your question from many different users. What you see here, can be made on your Shark-SD100. My Shark is ancient (the white version) yet, I have found no serious limitations to what it can do. So, if I can do it, anyone can.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I have the same model Bob does, except mine is black.

The only real difference between ours and the one you're looking at is the bed size. That's the main difference in all the Shark models, actually.