DeWalt 611 Adapter Bracket

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

chi2dxa

DeWalt 611 Adapter Bracket

Post by chi2dxa »

I just purchased my CNC Shark Pro Plus and I must say that it an impressive piece of machinery. I want to use the DeWalt 611 router so I did not by the Bosch Colt. I am waiting for my adapter Bracket so that I can get started making stuff.
My questions are am I wasting my time waiting on this bracket?
Has anyone ever seen this adapter bracket?
Are there any pictures of this bracket online?
Thanks for any of your replies, this is a fantastic Forum.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: DeWalt 611 Adapter Bracket

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - the bracket for the DeWalt looks exactly like the one that came with the Shark, that is sized for the Colt. It's just a different diameter hole in that square piece that is mounted on the Z gantry with 4 bolts (a 5th bolt is present to tighten the collar to the router).

There's not much rocket science to the bracket - other than Next Wave has the same material available, and have already figured out the ideal diameter for these routers, and have a means to produce it. You could certainly take off the bracket that came with the Shark, and take your router and and bracket to a local machine shop and have them make it.

One challenge I've found so far with the DeWalt is that I haven't yet found a collet adapter for 1/8" bits. So, for work with 1/8" bits, I switch back to the Colt.

chi2dxa

Post by chi2dxa »

I got my bracket today and I want to Thank Tim and the guys at Rockler in Sandy Springs Georgia also Thanks goes out to jeb2cav for his reply. You guys are the best.

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

I would like to know about the adapter,I called Rocker and got hold of All they new nothing about the coller for the 611 can you get me some help I have a thin peace of plastic in that spot its not good. Hal

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I'm surprised Rockler didn't direct you to Next Wave Automation. The Shark bracket for the DeWalt isn't sold by Rockler, and is available from Next Wave Automation. I'd send an email to support@nextwaveautomation.com, give your address, and ask for a quote for the bracket (with shipping). Make the payment and they ship it pretty quickly.

Remove four bolts on the colt bracket, swap in the new bracket, tighten bolts, and you are off and running without shims.

kb7fxj

Post by kb7fxj »

You need to e-mail Tim Owens at towens@nextwaveautomation.com I just got my bracket. The bracket is $35.00 plus shipping. Tim was right on it and I can’t say enough nice things about the service.
Kb7fxj
Art
Wasilla, Alaska

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Joe thank you so must its been order and on the way. Thank you again have a go day God Bless, Hal

leifaldrin

Post by leifaldrin »

It really gives me many ideas,good i found forum like this.Thanks.

ArtistInFla

Post by ArtistInFla »

Think and Tinker offers precision collets for the 611. They are available in 1/8" and 1/4".

tHEY ALSO HAVE EXCELLENT BITS!