Another newbie question

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Vines

Another newbie question

Post by Vines »

When trying to make a name plate with the Shark Pro, I am currently only able to outline the letters. How do I make the machine cut just the letter I want, not outline it? I'm probably not explaining I right, but when we try making a name plate, the letters are like a bubble where the center of the letter is left and the router bit carves around the letter. I just want to be able to carve the letter, not around the letter.

Hopefully I explained that correct.

Mike

kghinsr

Re: Another newbie question

Post by kghinsr »

Mike
is your outline black and your letter white
if so reverse it the inside should be black
so the outside is white and make sure you
set your bit at the beginning of the first letter
or it may be off center
Ken
CNC Shark Pro, Laser Engraving, and other CNC equipment

Bob

Post by Bob »

Mike,
You may also want to try selecting only the letters when defining your toolpaths. If you select the border and the letters, it will do what you describe...If I'm understanding you correctly.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

PeteD

Post by PeteD »

What toolpath are you using. If you only want the letters use a v-carve tool path not the quick engrave path or the prism path. Pete

Vines

Post by Vines »

I am using a 1/8" round nose bit. When setting my name plate up, I use the "Text in vector box" and then set up a toolpath. Maybe I'm just missing a step, but there has to be a way to just choose to carve the letter and not outline the letter.

Any ideas are surely appreciated.

Mike

Vines

Post by Vines »

PeteD wrote:What toolpath are you using. If you only want the letters use a v-carve tool path not the quick engrave path or the prism path. Pete
That was it. Thank you. Now I'm trying to figure how to import the fonts that are approved for use here at work. What I find amazing is after spending over $3000, they don't have someone show you the basics.

I'm thankful I found this site, and hope to one day be able toanswer other people's questions.

Mike

Buc

Post by Buc »

Mike,

This post may help you instll fonts to the Vectric software. http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... iens#p3314. #2 option seems to work well.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday