Shark Pro Plus Dimensions?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

recrisp

Shark Pro Plus Dimensions?

Post by recrisp »

I know it's not out yet, but would anyone happen to know, or remember the dimensions of the base on the Plus?
(I looked on the website, but didn't see dimensions anywhere)
When I receive it, I want to have somewhere to place it, so I could be making the table for it.

Thank you!

Randy

spinningwood

Re: Shark Pro Plus Dimensions?

Post by spinningwood »

Hi Randy - I've got the Pro, not the Pro Plus. The Plus is probably an inch or two bigger on each dimension, compared to the Pro (I'm just guessing).

In any case, you are going to want a table that is bigger than the actual base of the shark. I don't think it's a good idea to have the motors or gantry arms hanging over the edge of the table. Especially if space is at a premium in your shop and you make your shark table mobile.

In my opinion, the minium table size you would want is 36 x 36. If you like to have some horizontal space for laying things down around the shark then you will want a bigger table. I built mine 48 x 48. I don't think I would want it any bigger, but I wouldn't go any smaller.

You need to think about how you are going to protect your computer from chips and dust as well. My solution was to go wireless. The keyboard stays on a nearby workbench and the mouse hides under the shark overhang when a job is running. The computer and shark electronics are tucked away under the table, away from the mess.

Ed

recrisp

Re: Shark Pro Plus Dimensions?

Post by recrisp »

Thanks again Ed, I always appreciate your insight.

That makes sense, I don't want a tiny table, but enough to make it safe and not problematic, plus I have a desk that I was wanting to use, a sturdy one.
The desk won't work though, it's long enough, but not wide enough.
Well, as they say, "Back to the drawing board!" :)

Oh yeah, I already have a laptop that is going to be for it, and I also plan on making an enclosure similar to what I have seen here, and at the actual Rockler place.
I don't have a woodshop, it's just a garage, and I have things that don't necessarily need a coat of sawdust, although I am pretty sure it'll still happen to a certain extent.

Really, I do appreciate any and all help, I am a definite NOOB, that was really helpful, I know I won't know it all before the Shark gets here, but I can't help but envision or plan things. heh
Randy