My learning adventure with shark 4th axis accessory -2

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

grazinghorse

My learning adventure with shark 4th axis accessory -2

Post by grazinghorse »

So here is my next problem. The following is my email to support at NWA and Vectric:

I am getting very frustrated using the 4th axis accessory. I have been working with this problem for two days and gone through countless dowel rods in testing.

I’ll begin with my software and equipment setup.

Laptop running Windows 7
Vcarve 6.504 (Build 872.482.62)
Aspire .514 (Build1978.1567.710)
NWA Control panel (build 22)

HD Pro Plus with 4 axis accessory

Problem – When working in Aspire, creating tap file, the engraving ALWAYS begins at the start point specified in the control panel preferences. I can move the engraving and the aspire preview looks perfect, yet when the tap file is run, again it begins at the start point. This is particularly frustrating when you have 2 or more tap files to run, because of bitt changes, because each file overlaps the previous carved file. If I join the vectors in a group, create the tap file (no bit changes) it works except the position is always at the start point.

I also tried running the fluting gadget, I can set the fluting offset from beginning and from the end, it makes no difference it always starts the flutes at the start point defined in the control panel.

So after 2 days of screwing around, I decided to recreate the project in Vcarve 6.5, created the tap files and poof!!! Everything worked perfectly! Including the fluting gadget.

I do not know if this is an Aspire problem, control panel problem, or post processor problem. PLEASE help. I have no desire to work in Vcarve because of the extended flexibility of Aspire.

NWA – it would be a wonderful upgrade to control panel 2.1 if some sort if image would be displayed in the A 2d toolpaths window. An aspire tap file, this window is blank, in V carve it only shows a redline.

Thank you for any assistance,